Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh a whim…

I wanted to get a jump-start on my summer. So, to all my friends in the Ohio area, is anyone out there interested in putting on your walking/running shoes and doing a 1/2 marathon or a 5K with me?

All the sudden yesterday, as I probably should have been doing something else, I had the sudden desire to want to start training to complete a 1/2 marathon. I have no idea where that came from, but I figured there is no better time than now!! It may not be totally feasible for you to run the entire thing just yet, but just getting out there and even walking a 5k or jogging a 1/2 would be awesome!! So I did a search and lucky for me Columbus is hosting a Commit to be fit 5K/half-marathon in 5 weeks; on Saturday May 2nd at 8 am.  So if you are interested you can register go to this website and if you register by the end of the month it is only $60. I am planning on running and would love for you to join me. I am not ready yet but will be following a training schedule. There are a bunch out there but here is an example of a 6-week one that I thought I could adapt to my schedule.

Together we can be part of the solution instead of part of the problem!! How's that for a pep talk! E-mail me or leave a comment and I'll see you race day. Love to see you there!

4 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

I would totally do one with you if I was in Ohio. I trained and ran a half marathon after Macee was born and that was probably the best shape I have ever been in. Good luck, you will do great!

Kimberly said...

I'm doing another marathon in June in Seattle if you wanted a huge commitment. It's so fun! You'll love doing the 1/2!

The Koenig Family said...

let's do the marathon instead!! paaaalease!! best of luck to you! you're awesome!

Tora Family said...

You go girl! I remember how we "thought" we would run a marathon while in college...what were we thinking then??!! But, I think you have more direction and focus now...and just think I will be able to be there to cheer you on.