This may very well just be a TMI-post but for those of you who want to know what has been going down in the Hansen household here you go. Cory is out of town and I seem to always take on a big project while he is gone. This week…potty-training. I am ready for Ethan to be out of diapers and he is ready to wear big-boy underwear. He chose lightning McQueen and Transformers (the only two options at the store). So to report, I have made it through the first two days potty training!! I've kept my cool and I still have a smile on my face; I actually haven't dreaded it like I did with my first. I have to say that so far it has been pretty good. Yesterday he had 5 (peeing) accidents and screamed when he did because he hated the pee running down his leg; I guess I would too. However he did sit for me every 20-25 minutes on the toilet quite willingly but never went potty in the toilet. He was also dry during his naps.

Today he was not so willing to sit for me at planned intervals but was DRY all day long (and for nap) and went pee twice in the potty. The first he actually came up to me and told me he wanted to go potty and the first thing that went through my mind was "he's already gone" but to my pleasant surprise he was dry. I was so proud of him and we all celebrated!! Knock-on-wood, but lets hope that he keeps going strong. What a good little boy.
(the above photo was taken last month when I tried but realized I wasn't quite ready; apparently he was…go figure. )
1 comment:
Yeah! Hopefully things continue to go well for you. Brevin still won't poop on the toilet. The pediatrician tells me not to mention going on the toilet at all for 3 months. I guess it works every time. I hope so. But at least he pees on the toilet. Less diapers! Hopefully Jace will potty train much sooner than Brevin has. I did the same toilet training method with Brevin and he had a few accidents and when I gave up he stopped having them. I think I was bugging him to go too often. Anyway good luck!!
Post a Comment