Thursday, March 5, 2009

Picture update

So I've captured a little bit of what goes on around here. So here are a few of Cory and my favorite moments with the kids the past few weeks…

Brooklyn…

Cory Balancing brooklyn.  She loves it and she has great balance.  Briggs thinks that she looks like a trophy being held up in the air like his soccer trophy he got last year. 


Love the cankles…


Bad picture but I love those squeezable legs.  You would too :)


Kisses from daddy…she likes it best when he is clean-shaven.  I love this little hat.

Briggs one sunday

Tackling Ethan

Morning Bed-head.  Ethan was having a rough morning and Briggs offered to cuddle with Ethan; he is a sweet brother.


So I am bound and determined to have little boys who know how to be self-sufficient and know how to clean. We have really been working on making beds and tidying up their room and bathroom in the morning before any cartoons or "fun" things. We had a particularly nice day and I told them that if they made their beds we would go on a walk. Well, I reminded them several times but stopped asking as I wanted to see if they would do it (they were excited about going on a walk) but no such luck. 

I explained to them why we didn't get to go on a walk and that I would like them to make their beds every morning first thing. So it was to my pleasant surprise that the next morning I was downstairs getting breakfast for Ethan when I heard some noise upstairs. I came up to see what was going on and I walked into the boys room and Briggs had the biggest smile on his face…he had made his bed!! I was so proud of him!! I praised him and gave him tons of loves. He was picking up legos when I walked in and was tidying up. We tidied up together. What a great little boy and what a great moment for me as a mom. The next two days he made his bed first thing and has done it since.  I guess persistence pays off.

Briggs Bed…

It takes a bit more coaxing with Ethan but here is him putting his animals to sleep after making his bed.

All snug as a bug…

Brooklyn was laying on her back and is actually quite quick at rolling over, and the moment she did Ethan would pull her back onto her back.  This happened several times before she had had enough.  It was pretty funny.

 
In true Ethan fashion.  He discovered the bike helmets when Cory was cleaning the garage and insisted on wearing it all day.  He was helping me here in this picture!  I love it!

3 comments:

Lyd Stew said...

Those are some seriously cute kids! Those boys are so handsome in their ties! I was wondering if you might consider betrothal? :)

The Becks said...

Wow, love the chubs Brooklyn has going on. Ethan makes me laugh with his helmet on. Your house looks adorable in the backround. I need your phone number so we can chat.

Anonymous said...

your children are so beautiful and brooklyn has grown up sooo fast.