Friday, February 20, 2009

Having your cake and eating it too…

This isn't your typical recipe blog. In fact I think this is the first one I've ever posted. But it is seriously so good that I wanted to share it with you. I am always looking for healthier ways to make meals but deserts are usually one area I don't care to make the adjustments (those of you who know me know that my recipe box is more full of desert and goodie recipes than anything :). However this recipe has changed my mind. This is for all of you who LOVE your chocolate (like me) but don't love all the fat and calories and all those extra stairs you I have to climb to work it off. My husband even liked it! I would say this is guilt-free because it is only 3 grams of fat per serving vs. the 14 grams of fat but I have literally eaten most of the pan myself the past two days so…………I guess 30 grams of fat is better than 140! Anyway, hope you enjoy!



Guilt-free chocolate cake

1 box of Chocolate fudge cake mix (or any chocolate cake mix)
1 small can of pumpkin (you can't even taste it!)
1 cup of water

Put into a sprayed pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool completely and top with a low or nonfat cool whip or eat plain; it is so moist!

7 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Thanks for the idea. I was just thinking something sweet sounded good!

Jessica said...

Sounds good, but my diet is based on carbs and sugar, not necessarily fat.

Stephani said...

Yum, that sounds really good! I'm definitely going to try it. I know my sister has made me pumpkin cake w/ chocolate chips, and the pumpkin really does seem to make it so moist and yummy. And so few ingredients for this one, so no adding the eggs or oil or anything for the cake mix? Just pumpkin and water?

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I wonder if this works on brownies too?

Sounds great!

Lisa said...

Nope, just pumpkin, cake mix and water. Good luck!

Kimberly said...

I've done the cake mix, pumpkin, and chocolate chips for drop cookies, I'll have to try it for cake. I've also heard that you can do any cake mix with a can of diet soda and it's good. I haven't tried it though.

Lyd Stew said...

Sweet! I'm so going to post this on my cooking blog if that is ok with you! I LOVE easy recipes! Thanks for posting!