Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ethan…oh, our little Ethan…

Well, today is day 2 of Cory being gone (only 5 more days to go…sigh…) and Ethan and I weren't exactly on the same page today. Perhaps it started a little too early for me with the whining, hold me, I'm hungry etc. I think that little boy is going to always keep us on our toes. Sometimes it is hard to believe that so much attitude can come out of such a small little body. But…he does keep us smiling and he can be so much fun. So, as the boys finally went to bed tonight, I got the laundry folded, and started to relax I was reflecting on our little Ethan. I had to smile at some of the fun ways that he brings joy to our lives. So, here's to a better day tomorrow, and more importantly here are some of the reasons that I love Ethan so much…

He is a tender little boy and has a soft heart.
He loves food just like his mama; so much that his world revolves around it. If he is grumpy I need only feed him and he is good to go.
He loves to wear his football jersey 24/7 but would rather play with his cars and airplanes than play football.
He loves to dance and makes me smile when I see him bust a move.
I love when he kisses both of my cheeks after giving me hugs and puts his arms out as far as he can to tell me that that is how much he loves me.
He loves to cuddle when I read to him.
He has a lot of spirit and stands up for himself (that can be a good and bad thing :)
He does and says lots of cute things, for example, most recently:


Today after his nap I came down stairs to see all of his airplanes meticulously lined up on the table. I couldn't help but smile and appreciate that little boy!


As I opened the dishwasher this morning to grab a spoon for cereal I noticed his little green power ranger hanging out with the silverware…silly boy…



He loves his little sister no matter how rough he can be at times. She seriously has her own paparazzi and Ethan is one of her biggest fans!


His favorite thing is to make other people laugh and he does it all the time. He truly shines when he is the center of attention and all eyes are on him. The more you laugh, the more he feeds off of you. I found him the other day just sitting casually with this (brooklyn's toy) on his head.


His bright eyes always melt my heart.

It was sweet, today he was up in his room trying to grab something off of his dresser when I walked by his door just as I see a picture of Jesus fall off his dresser and hit him square on the head. I immediately went to hug him and make sure he was okay. Through his tears he said in the saddest voice, "Jesus hurt me." It made me feel so sad for him. I explained to him that Jesus didn't hurt him but that the picture just fell. A little kiss on the head and a hug and he was good to go. He really is such a sweet and tender boy and I love him so much! I feel so blessed to be his mom.

6 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Boy, I can sure relate to those days :) Love the picture of Ethan in his tie. What a handsome little boy. I can't believe how big he is getting. Sorry I didn't call you guys tonight...it just wasn't a good night.

Stephani said...

Ah, what a sweet post...
Inspiring for me too with also having a little spitfire--(i.e. Levi). :)
Love all the pictures, the airplanes lined up and the power ranger in the dishwasher are so cute, totally remind me of my boys. I gotta think to take some of those pictures, they really are the little things that make you smile and would be fun to visually remember.
You are a really good mom Lisa. Thanks for sharing your positive view, I need to sit and do that more.

The Becks said...

I love that you were able to sit back and think of all the sweet things about the child who probably made you pull your hair out all day long. I seem to do that myself. Then I get to thinking even more and I want to go hold them... if only they wouldn't wake up. You can't wait for them to go to bed, then you ache to see them again. Why is that? Don't you love the mommy thing.

The Becks said...

And... by the way, your photography skills are getting awesome.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet post for sure. good thing they are adorable or else it would make is even more challenging. Madi is into this whining thing lately and it drives us nuts!!! She always comes up with come pretty funny things too, it helps even it all out. good luck with the rest of your week!

Love and Life said...

Hey, we got your awesome valentine from your kids this week. Thanks for thinking of us, the kids loved it. The Lewis'