Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snowed in . . .

Over the weekend Columbus beat it's previous snow accumulation record of 15 inches from back in 1910. We got a whopping 20 inches of snow, and drifts upwards of 3 feet in a matter of 2 days. Now I know that doesn't seem to be much snow to all of our friends and family in Eastern Idaho, and some of the upper northern states, but it was definitely a whirlwind here for a few days; I wish I had $10 for each car that I saw stuck in our intersection outside our apartment and on the road yesterday; I would have had quite a chunk of change. Cory helped a few people get unstuck as we cheered him on from the comfort of our warm apartment "go daddy go, go daddy go." to which Briggs pointed out that, "HE CAN'T HEAR US!" It has finally calmed down and the sun is shining.

Church was cancelled today and we were looking at another wintry day inside. Cory called the bishop to see if we could do sacrament; he said that would be great. So, we all got dressed and ready for Sacrament in our apartment. For our talks I shared President Hinkley's message from the Ensign, Briggs told us the story of the Tree of Life, and Cory selected a General Conference talk, that we watched, by President Eyring, on the Tender mercies of the Lord and the importance of keeping our family record. I was bummed that we didn't get to go to church but our day turned out pretty special after all. I think that would be just one of those tender mercies!

5 comments:

Tora Family said...

your little snow record made nation-wide news...I was just reading about it...thinking about you. :)

Shelly and Ken said...

We too have gotten a lot of snow. crazy! About your previous post. When you are updating your contact list not only do you have to add the link but you also have to click on the button that says save in the upper right corner of the pop up box or it won't save the links you've added. It is kind of annoying to have to add and then save the links. Our address is
http://bassettsrock.blogspot.com/
Or you can click on our name to find our link. good luck. I accidently lost all of our contacts the other day when I was playing around with our lay out. Ugh!

S&J Jones Family said...

So, is your computer COMPLETELY dead? Did/Are you getting a new one? Briggs is sure bright. I love the part when he said that Daddy couldn't hear him. That's cute. Looks like you got the links figured out. Don't worry, I had to ask someone how to do it when I started mine, too!

Laura said...

Well, I was to late on the help with links LOL I should have looked...Crazy snow! It got up to 67 here today... I am looking forward to SPRING! Wahooo!

Howling Pickup said...

Congrats on the girl! We get our ultrasound next week and are really anxious. We will be happy either way but a girl would be fun! I can't believe you are still getting such crazy amounts of snow. Hope you are all doing well and staying warm!