Monday, February 4, 2013

Look who's 2!!!

Sterling boy!!

This little one just turned two and he is a ball of energy and fun in our home!  He loves cookies so we decided on a Cookie monster party, he also loves dancing so we combined that with Just Dance 4 and and a great 2-year old party was born!  We kept it small with Grandpa and Grandma Hansen, Aunt Mindy, and cousins Ronin and Rigdon.  The kids had a great time!

The day before the party I had what I thought was a great idea to take some photos of Sterling holding signs, shirtless :) and blow them up life size in Black and White and put them on the wall... that was about the extent of his birthday decorations but I must say that they turned out pretty cute!  Here are some of the photos I took of him... it was hard to narrow them down becuase he was being so stinkin' cute and silly in them! 


 
I love how he looks like he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar!



 

The opening of the presents.  He was so funny!  Everytime he removed a piece of paper or tape he'd say "here" and wouldn't proceed until someone took the paper from him.  He got a bubble blowing machine and socks, a star wars space ship, a book, some crayons, homemade playdough, a mater car and a cars plate.  He had a fun time!

Before we sang happy birthday.  Brooklyn looks thrilled and Briggs is sick on the sofa.


He totally got the whole blowing the candle out thing.  It was cute!  His siblings might have helped him a time or two and I think the candles were lit at least three times with instructions to let Sterling blow out his own candles. 


The kids are starting to take pictures with our point and shoot and these are a few photos Briggs took of us making making the cupcakes (above and below).  Sterling touched the frosting on the knife and put it in his mouth and said, "mmmm... nummy!"  He is so funny!  He likes to "help" alllllllllll the time!  He loves to help stir, pour, eat, and be in the kitchen with me.  I love it... most days :)


Here are a few more photos from right before the party.  LOVE this little boy and am so blessed to be his mommy!


Things I want to remember about Sterling right now: He loves to be in on the action; he HATES being left behind.  He is opiniated and throws major tantrums but can usually be quieted down with the threat of having to go to his crib (which he has to do a lot until he stops screaming).  He loves oatmeal!  He doesn't eat meals very well and he definitely gets away with more than our other kids at his age in that department.  He loves bubbles.  He loves the bath.  He hates being stinky or wet and will got get his diapers and wipes for us to change him (maybe potty training will be in the near future).  He loves all things balls; he pushes my office chair over to the hoop so he can shoot baskets.  He loves soda or anything sweet.  He is a milk boy.  He does this adorable happy-hop from room to room that Cory and I LOVE and it is so endearing.  He loves to hang on cory's muscles when he gets home from working out.  He loves to jump-off and climb-up on anything.  He gets really goofy at night.  He gives the BEST hugs where he holds tight to your head and he is supper affectionate.  He is ticklish and loves to be chased.  He has a great belly laugh that I adore.  He is bright and curious about everything.  He loves to dance and HAS to hold a Wii remote or he will freak out!  He loves to say "pare" (prayer) and read "kip-tures" (scriptures).  It's easy to see he is loved and adored by all in this home!  We are so blessed!






Here's to another great year! 

2 comments:

Spring said...

Oh my goodness, Love the pictures!! Sterling is just the cutest! What a sweet boy tearing the gift paper piece by piece. And I scrolled down and saw your white table - so beautiful!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Yay! Now I have your blog address...not like I couldn't have asked for it...hahaha.

We were sad to miss it. The pictures of him with is cupcakes are so cute...maybe you should take pictures at Tate's...

...just sayin' (ps tell Corey I threw that blogging catch phrase in just for him)