Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day

(This is a few days late :) but I did start writing this post on Valentines)

Valentines day was a good day!  Early this morning Cory surprised me with 2 slices of Cheesecake from The Cheesecake factory which was soooo delicious and a BIG surprise since we don't live near a Cheesecake Factory (he picked it up while down at the Jazz game on Tuesday with Ethan), and yes I do have an ENORMOUS sweet tooth... but I did share!




This past week we re-took the 5 Love Languages test after having done it several years ago and the results were pretty much what I expected so I made sure when I made a coupon book for Cory that they included something from each of his love languages.  He loved it!

After lunch Brooklyn and I went to Walmart to get a few things for Ethan's valentines party and then we headed over to the school to help out with that.  At first Brooklyn didn't want to leave my side but eventually she warmed up to being by Ethan and it didn't take long for her to thoroughly enjoy herself playing games and decorating and eating an overly-sugar-loaded cookie!






In fact it is almost 9 as I write this and I am surprised my kiddos aren't bouncing off the side of the walls with all the treats they've had today... we'll, the boys still might be, but Brooklyn is out!

I made a cute little coupon for each of the kids with a mini-package of peanut butter m&m's attached (because they don't have enough candy already right :) that gave them 1 point-free night (that's for another post) in the hot tub with Dad and Mom.  When I got them done I asked all of the kids to come down by Daddy and I and Brooklyn was head over heals with giddiness to get her Valentine (she is one special little girl) and she just.couldn't.wait.  When they found out what it was Brooklyn wasted no time redeeming hers for that night.



For dinner I attempted a heart-shaped pizza with my helper Sterling who helped spread the sauce (and tasting it) and putting the cheese and pepperoni on top (though he did not eat any of the pizza).  He is a funny little boy. He loves to help me in the kitchen.  Perhaps we have a future chef on our hands. He did however eat his 2nd peanut butter and jelly sandwich today and quite enjoyed it, though he doesn't like his hands to get dirty with the pb or jelly.  That boy will do just about anything for a "snack" (fruit snack).  Back to the awesome heart-shaped pizza, it looked great before it went in the oven but when it came out it looked more like a kidney (so said Cory), oh, well, the kids loved the novelty of it!



Briggs took this photo of Cory and I today.

Here (below) are some photos from decorating for Valentines Day mid-January.  I found these pink doilies at the dollar store and had the idea to write something we love about each of our family members and put in on our board in our kitchen.  The kids loved it!  














No comments: