Monday, November 7, 2011

Sun Valley... Conference weekend...

Early in October we were able to take a little family trip up to Sun Valley to do some family bike riding; which we LOVE to do.  A big thank you to Cory's parents for allowing us to use their condo time share!  We had a great time!

We left Friday after school and drove up there.  After getting unloaded it was time for bed.  The next morning we took off on a bike ride.  It was pretty chilly outside with a little rain; moments when I was really feeling underdressed and then the sun would come out and we would be roasting.  We packed a picnic lunch and ate at a park.  Saw the silliest looking dog we'd ever seen (got a kick out of Ethan and Briggs' reaction)!  Learned that Ethan can do the monkey bars like nobody's business... I had no idea.  And watched Sterling crawl up and down the hill. 

We also hit up this little Toy Store along the way and took a break to feed Sterling!  Oh, and there was a garage sale with the coolest travel trunk from the old train that used to go through the area and I so desperately wanted it but there was no way it was fitting in our car!  A big bummer for me!

Photobucket


Photobucket
We also rode our bikes around the Sun Valley village and stopped to reminisce about going to see Harry Potter on our honeymoon at this theater almost 9 years ago.

Photobucket

The village is super charming and reminded us a lot of Disneyland where they have Tangled, The Sword and the Stone and old Carousel.  It was really nice!  I couldn't believe all the beautiful flowers!  I think I  really need to work on my flower garden next year!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
We went to this old fashioned candy store and the kids all picked out a transformer ring pop for their treat... even Brooklyn... she definitely has brothers!  I got some yummy hand dipped chocolates!  Totally satisfying!

Photobucket
This was from Saturday morning; walking around the resort.  Sterling was O.U.T.

Photobucket
So cute!

Photobucket
The view of the condo we stayed in; it brought back a lot of good memories for Cory, as he and his family would stay here often when he was a kid.

Photobucket
"Daddy NO kisses, I have Chat-stick on!"

Photobucket
We wanted to go on our little trip when the trees would be turning and I think we picked a great time.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Our little girl is getting so grown up!

Photobucket
Looking at all the fish in the pond

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Goofy kids!

Photobucket
Ooohhhh I love them!

Photobucket
Seriously where did that Ethan boy come from?!?!?  He is SOOO silly!

Photobucket
My handsome husband!!

Photobucket


Photobucket
I love this picture of these two!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Wrestling on our murphy bed!  This is real life around our house!  
But usually there are some tears in there too!  Brooklyn may be a girly girl but she loves to wrestle with the boys!  It's the only way I'd have it!

Photobucket

Saturday after our bike ride we came back and listened to Conference, gave Sterling a nap and then mid-afternoon Cory took the kids to a park while I made a nice spaghetti, salad, french bread, and root beer dinner!  The kids loved it!  Then Cory took off to attend the Priesthood session while I put kiddos to bed (which didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked!  Not.At.All!  I guess that is life with little ones!)

Sunday we got up, ate breakfast and took our time getting loaded up in the car.  We drove to Picaboo, Idaho and tried to stop and see a wonderful mentor and friend of mine from 9 years ago; I helped up at her ranch getting her yearling colts ready for her annual horse sale before Cory and I met and I really wanted to see her again.  

The first time we tried to stop they weren't home so we decided to go to the only place a small town of about 128 people have to eat; a convenience store/restaurant, where we had some lunch and Cory played catch with the boys.  After about an hour we tried one more time (my husband was great because he knew how disappointed I was when they weren't home the first time) and I'm so glad we did.  They were home and we had a wonderful visit with Katie while Rob enjoyed playing catch with the boys!  I sure love that woman!  She taught me so much about life, communication, and horses, and was ever-so-patient with my un-ending questions!  I really feel like we are kindred spirits (that was a little Anne of Green Gables ish wasn't it?) but it's true, and I was so glad to see her after all these years.

Picaboo, Idaho
Photobucket
Enjoying his spoon

Photobucket
Brooklyn eating her burrito

Photobucket
Playing catch

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Brooklyn hugging Sterling

Photobucket


Photobucket
The convenience store/restaurant

Photobucket


Photobucket
More and more catch... now with a little competition!

Photobucket


Photobucket
Rob and Katie
When I got home and uploaded my photos I noticed that Sterling has his hand right on her chest... it made me laugh!  Must be a boy!

Photobucket


Photobucket
The tree that myself and the other two girls who worked on the ranch gave to Katie; 
a gift that would keep giving each year so she would remember what a great influence she was on our life.  I was glad to see it thriving!

It was a wonderful trip!

No comments: