What a whirlwind of a month!!!!! I think July will always be crazy for our family. Ethan finished up the 4th family-birthday of the month and I can finally sigh out a breath of relief. So, yesterday we had a barnyard inspired party for Ethan's 3rd birthday! His first "invite your friends" party.
It was a huge success!
(A big thank-you to Ursala for taking pictures for me!!)

We played barnyard inspired games complete with duck-duck-goose, a game called "Pig Out" where the kids, in theory, where supposed to eat their "dirt" (aka pudding with a gummy worm and crushed up oreos) like a pig, and pin the tail on the donkey. It was a lot of fun. I love this picture of Eden, our friends daughter, who, when she finished said both very sweetly and politely, "I think I'm going to need a napkin." What a cutie!

Only about 3 or the 8 kids actually got the idea of Pig Out so Cory suggested some of the adults do it as well. It was so much fun. Andrea was the first to get her worm and swallow it and proudly, I was right behind her. The men had nothing on us!!
A while back when I asked Ethan what he wanted for his cake he told me that he wanted a "horsey, barn and cow cake." So after much thought and deliberation we came up with this. Briggs helped design the hill for the water for the horse. I think he did a great job!!

I opted to use toy barns and animals. It was much less stressful than making my own.

We held it outside! It was the perfect morning for a birthday party!!

Below: Dean, our neighbor

All the kids wanted to pull the horses off the cake to play with before we sang happy birthday, so we sang quickly then I let them have at it. It was pretty funny!


Gabriel Tora. My friend Ursala (from montana) and her husband Patrick were able to come down and spend the day with us from Akron! It was so fun to catch up and see them again!! Thanks for making the trip!! We had a great time!

Brooklyn sure enjoyed cake and ice cream this week....hmmm....silly girl.

Watching from a distance

This was taken after the party and before bedtime. What's not to love!
It was a crazy and busy day, but totally worth it!! Happy birthday Ethan boy!!
We love love love you!!!







1 comment:
Happy Birthday Ethan! I can't believe that he is 3 already...he was just a baby when we met! Crazy how fast time flies...
Post a Comment