Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been a busy month . . .

Warning:  Loooonnngg post; mostly just pictures!!

Well, it is about time I posted something. Somedays I don't feel like I have anything interesting to contribute between the laundry loads, dishes, nursing, picking up messes, cleaning little bums, working on my calling, working out, and just trying to stay sane one more day :)… but we have had a busy month; a good month, but busy. Here are some of the things we've been up to…

Playing/watching football games with daddy…




Making Brooklyn belly-laugh: Somehow only the boys can really do this; we just aren't as funny…


Attempting to visit a park in sub-zero weather…I get an "A" for effort on that one.


And visiting the mall to play in the indoor play area instead…

Cory loves to have his babies suck on his nose; he thinks it is pretty funny…


playing in the play area




Kung-fuing our basement door down because me and the boys were locked in the basement with no way to get out; no tools, no phone, no one home and just one little tiny spiderweb-laden escape windows too tall for the little boys to hoist thier mother up to. What can I say?…Cory wasn't thrilled with the outcome of that one.   It's kind of funny now except I have to replace the door grrrr…


Brooklyn learned to sit by herself…



Took some serious pictures…of Brooklyn; because she lets me and managed to get a few of the boys…


So serious

Ethan always keepin it real…


Oh, she is the softest and most cuddly little baby.  I love those puffy hands and rolls!!


Had some family cuddle time…love that!!







Watched daddy play church ball…









Monday we went sledding with some of our friends…Cory tried to surf down the hill on a sled (about 15 minutes into our playing) and fell hard; he's been feeling that one all week.  I joked with him that we aren't 19 anymore.  Briggs also was racing his friend down the hill and happened to crash into the only brick wall there and got a good little shiner.  

Neal pushing Cory down the hill; pre-fall!

Me and Kelly!!!  Love that girl!


Me pulling Ethan up the hill after grudgingly going down on the sled with me…

Cory with the boys; Cory and I did go down the hill a few times together and that was pretty fun!!

Neal, Carter, Brandon, Kelly, and Abby

Ethan not thrilled to be there…

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lisa, cute post. I absolutely love the picture of Brooklyn in the pink bath towel, that is adorable! Very cute pictures, looks like you guys are having fun and enjoying life.

Howling Pickup said...

Brooklyn is getting so big. Your family is so cute. Glad you are all well and happy!

Stephani said...

Love all the pictures! How fun to get so many visual glimpses into all you guys are up to. Like someone earlier said, the picture of Brooklyn in the pink hooded towel is adorable :). Love the boys reading the girlie book to her too, what good brothers. And that is really funny to picture you kung-fuing the basement door down, I bet your boys were totally impressed, lol. How did you all get locked down there to begin with? Sounds like something I would do...;)