
So the other day I was listening to some music, contemplating whether I really wanted to start my diet to loose those 15 pounds of left-over baby weight or not. I have already put it off for the past 4 months, so what is another few right? Anyway, as I was having this mental conversation with myself the Jason Mraz song, "I'm yours" came on and as I listened I heard these words, "I've been spending way too long checking my tummy in the mirror (it may say tongue, but tummy is fitting, I mean who isn't checking it out in the mirror) . . . I guess what I be sayin' is there aint no better reason to rid yourselves of vanities and just go with the seasons. . ." Yes! That's my answer. After all what's an extra few pounds when the food tastes just oh so good. I mean, when is there ever a better time to stuff your face with a dozen cookies, or eat 7 or 8 Rhodes rolls with some butter in one sitting, or a 1/2 pan of brownies with ice cream and hot fudge and not feel too bad because you are writing it off to holiday cheer. So, with that in mind, I may not be the most fit during the next few months, but I think I will join the other millions of americans who start their diet on January 1st and just truly indulge in all the goodness that this holiday season has to offer! Carpe Diem right?!?!?! I hope so! Happy Holidays!


9 comments:
firstly, I LOVE JASON MRAZ. secondly, i thought you had figured out my deceptive post titles. thirdly, I AGREE COMPLETELY with your philosophy. your family is beautiful, i dont think an extra roll will change that.
All I have to say is AMEN! :)
It's the holidays so all the extra calories, sugar, and fat don't count :) hehehe
After that pumpkin dessert you made us (the one that I hate 1/2 of the pan myself) I'm going to have to join you on the waiting until Jan. 1st. Sounds like a great idea to me!
Oh, I so agree! In fact, the picture on your post made me hungry, I think I'll go downstairs and dig for chocolate now. :)
It is so good to know I am not the only one that will eat 6-12 cookies, almost a whole pan of brownies, 7 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate butter-cream frosting, etc. I am not sure how many people admit to that especially women, but I sure do and think that there will be one day that I will HAVE to have only one. So I might as well enjoy it while I can, right? Anyway, don't worry about the baby weight. You look great and I would never be able to tell there is an extra few pounds!! Happy Holidays!
That is so funny. I have been going over the same thing in my head for weeks. I did go on a diet for a couple of weeks and then it all went to pot when we had all of our family here for Jonah's blessing. Here's to new years resolutions!!
Hey lisa!! You look so great, no need to loose any weight! I love that song, Jason Mraz is awesome! So I was just checking the Vashon Island blog, and I finally read your comment!! I am sorry I didn't see it sooner! I was not ignoring you :) I found some old Vashon Island pictures I need to post them there. I think anyone can post on it, if you are having problems, ask Racheal Monson, she started the blog. It is great to see your blog, your family is so cute. My blog is chadandkelli.blogspot.com I am gonna link your blog, its great to get back in touch wiht people through the blogging world! Bye!
Ha ha! That's too funny! It's true a month of good food never hurt anyone. It's hard to say no! I too have been needing lose a few extra pounds but I think I will pick up where I left off in January as well.
Good for you :) You always look so great anyway. Wish we could see you guys at Christmas...we'll miss you!
Post a Comment