Girl! I (Cory) have taken the liberty to take command of "the Blog" seeing as my wife is incapacitated at the moment. It all started this morning at 4:30 a.m. - yes, extremely early in the morning - as the Doc had scheduled induction at 5:00. They hooked her up to the "pit" and but nothing was happening 'til they popped the water balloon. 7:20 the Doc came and did just that and the game was over before it started. Brooklyn Grace was born 9:48a.m. And, due to Grandma's delicious pot roast she cooked last night, she came weighing in at an astonishing..... 8lbs, 10.6oz. Yes, she was quite "healthy". Grandma's pot roast is that enticing. She was 19.5 inches tall - Girls' got some thighs!
In all seriousness we are extremely grateful for the smooth, safe, and healthy delivery. I know most babies aren't necessarily the cutest upon the immediate post womb exit, but Brooklyn really is amazingly cute and has a head of hair to follow. Any how, here are some immediate photos - I'm not all the skilled at the Blog thing so I'm just going to post the photos as is. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and we are certainly excited to welcome this girl to this world.


21 comments:
She is beautiful! I knew she would be!!!! I can hardly wait to hold her. I am so glad everything went well. We have loved Brooklyn long before she made her entrance. Congrats! and Love and Kisses from Grandma
Congratulations Cory and Lisa! Brooklyn is beautiful-and whoa...lots of hair!!!
Congrats,
Lisa and Ryan
SHE IS BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATULATIONS!
Congrats you guys! She's so cute with all that hair and those chubby cheeks...We can't wait to meet her! Give us a call if you need anything....anything at all!
She is BEAUTIFUL! I think right now she looks a lot like mom! Sounds like you had a lovely labor...or is it possible to have a lovely labor...well, you looked lovely afterwards. :) Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!
CONGRATS! Little girls are so sweet and always steal there Daddy's hearts.
We are SO happy for you guys! She is beautiful. Lots of pretty hair just like mommy! Hopefully we will be able to meet her soon. When we move we will only be 5 hours apart. Yeah!
Congrats...What a beautiful addition to you family...Good Job!!!
BEAUTIFUL!! Love the hair!! Congrats and if you need anything just let me know. The boys are always welcome!!
Like everyone else has said, she is beautiful and you look great also! Congratulations you guys!
Congratulations! She is beautiful.
She's beautiful! Congrats you guys! and LOOK at that hair!
What beautiful pictures! An adorable family just got that much cuter. Congratulations!!!!
Congrats ! She is beautiful. Recover well mama and baby!
I love all of the hair! And Wow she is a big baby, almost 9 pounds. Congratulations you guys she is very cute!
What a pretty girl! Congrats, good to know things went smoothly and the recovery is going well. Cute baby! Congrats! You look so good!
congratulations! we are so happy she is here and all is well.
Congratulations Lisa & Cory! I loved the description on this post, Aaron and I absolutely cracked up. And I love the picture of Cory and Brooklyn, she looks like she's smiling. Good work Lis!
~Steph
congratulations on your new sweet little girl. Love the name, so cute.glad everything went well for you.
Hey Cory and Lisa,
Wow! Way cute! I am so glad that you get the experience of a girl. It is a lot of fun - quite different from raising boys. I know she will be a treasure in your house. Congratulations!
Congratulations... she is fianally here! She is beautiful. Your family picture is adorable. How in the world do you look so dang good right after having a baby? You are going to love doing cute things with that beautiful head of hair she has. I love her name! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!
Post a Comment