Thursday, June 26, 2008

It takes a secure man . . .



So last night Cory and Briggs we out running some errands together and I had called and asked if they could pick up some tomatoes and bread on their way home. They were gone for quite a while and dinner was quickly approaching so I decided to give them a call. When Cory answered the phone I asked where they were at and he replied, "Briggs and I just finished riding the motorized shopping cart at Krogers." Oh, boy . . . I was instantly taken back to the time that Cory and I were in the Walmart in Rexburg a few years back and he insisted on driving the cart around, all the while following me and making honking sounds. Although I was laughing hard at the time it was also quite embarrassing; it is definitely something I wouldn't be brave enough to do.

So when I heard that Briggs got the chance to ride the "special" cart I had to laugh. I asked Cory if people were looking at him weird and he said that he got a lot of smiles as he would roll up to the isle and pluck his groceries from the shelves from the comfort of his seat and plop them into the basket in front of him. He even rode it through the check out line . . . he said he may have had some funny stares as he went to park the cart, stand up, grab his groceries and walk to his car but they had a good time.

Like I say, it takes a secure man . . . I definitely had a good laugh as he was telling me about it and I had to make sure to emphasize to our impressionable son that when mommy goes to the store we won't be using those special carts.

2 comments:

nichole pickett said...

I thought that I was a secure man - having survived a pedicure but I not ready for the motorized cart.

S&J Jones Family said...

I can totally see Cory do that. I doesn't suprise me. I have never done the motorized cart but when I just had Baer I had to do some grocery shopping and it hurt to walk so I did take the wheel chair and my Mom pushed me around. There was one time when my Mom went to get something and I got something else and we were going to meet up. I needed something up high and I was going to wait until the aisle was clear to stand up and get it because I felt guilty and this lady asked if she could get me something. I said I think I could reach and she insisted. So then I asked her to get me the fiber laxatives (the ones the Dr. tells you to get after you have a baby). I was a little embarrased that she had to grab laxatives for me until she said "I usually get this kind...it works better and it's cheaper." So I told her I'd try that one. I kept seeing her around the store and she kept smiling at me. It was pretty funny.