Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Exciting times ahead

About a week ago I went to my doctor’s appointment, but because of a mix up was not able to see the doctor only the Nurse Practitioner. When I was at that appointment I had asked to hear the heartbeat. At first they (the nurse and NP) couldn't find it, but she kept saying, "It is there, I think I heard it in the background. Don't be worried unless I'm worried." A few MINUTES went by and two Doppler’s later and still no heartbeat. I asked her if I should empty my bladder because it was quite full and she said, "yeah, why don't you try that" so I did and came back. Instantly she found the heartbeat . . . what a relief!

When I went in yesterday for my appointment I sat down and was talking to the nurse. She told me that at the appointment last week she wasn't aware that I had miscarried about this time before in a pregnancy, and that when they couldn't find the heartbeat and I had gone to empty my bladder, she said to the NP that she didn't think there was a heartbeat. The NP said, "I know, I just didn't know what to say to her unless I knew for sure." Thank goodness there was. I was so worried at the time and I knew they could see it on my face. I will always be a little scared when I go into to hear if there is a heartbeat because there is nothing worse than them telling you that they can't find one; we are just so thankful.



So yesterday I met with my doctor for my 16-week appointment and everything went well and we will find out what we are having on March 4th. I just feel so blessed. I felt the baby move last night while I was lying in bed and it is always such a surreal feeling and I always look forward to that first kick!

9 comments:

Amy said...

We are glad things are going good with your pregnancy. The pictures look great!

Laura said...

How scary! I am glad that it turned out the way it did. Congrats again! I'll be looking in on March 4th :)

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Glad everything is ok. That will be exciting to find out what you are having. Are you getting over the tired yucky part? Keep us posted.

Shelly and Ken said...

So glad everything is alright. It is always so scary when they can't find the heartbeat. I love that first kick too. It is so amazing to feel them moving around.

nichole pickett said...

We are glad that everything is OK.

Anonymous said...

i am so happy things are going well. you have such a great little family...what a lucky baby!

Katie said...

Lisa!! I found you through Jackie's blog..and BTW, Luke forgot to tell me that you are expecting...CONGRATS!! I am so glad that everything is going well and you are enjoying Columbus. There are so many times that we wish we had gone there instead of Cleveland, but it has actually been GREAT! Come visit our blog: katienluke.blogspot.com
Take care! Katie

Tora Family said...

Lisa - I'm so glad it went okay...I've been thinking about you. I hope you are starting to feel better. Lovely pictures!

S&J Jones Family said...

I'm glad everything is okay. I can imagine it being scary, but I'm glad it all turned out good. We want to see more of those pictues you have been taking for your class!