Saturday, November 10, 2007

Highlights at 15 months!

Each month I keep a photo/journal for each of my boys. So I decided that each month I would post some of the silly things the boys do and some fun stories (they are taken from the journal and are written as though I am talking to them). I am doing this mostly because . . . well, their too fun not to share and I know their grandparents love little updates. So here is Ethan . . . 15 months!
One day we were at church and I was talking to someone in the hallway and you were in the kitchen and you had the bottom drawer under the stove open and were eating all the crusty crumbs that had fallen down; icky icky! It just doesn’t bother you to eat food off the floor; I guess if it doesn’t kill you, it only makes you stronger.

Briggs LOVES football and everything that comes along with it, unfortunately you are a little pawn in his game that he loves to knock over. You’ve had some doozy hits so you are now at the point that if he barely touches you, you will start to cry; however you are starting to realize that if you see Briggs coming towards you, if you fall on the ground before he gets there it doesn’t hurt so bad.

This is classic of my everyday. One day I heard you crying and both of you boys were in our room. I came around the corner and I said to Briggs, “what happened to Ethan?” to which he so innocently responded, “I shut the door and pushed him down.” Well, there you have it; at least he was honest with me.
One day last week you boys were out playing in back while I was cleaning the garage. I checked on you every few minutes. Well, this one time I went out to check on you Briggs was throwing sand by big handfuls into your face. You weren’t crying and Briggs thought it was funny. I felt so bad for you as you had so much sand in your hair and under your eyes that after I drained the water from you bath it looked like a mini sandbox. After I talked to Briggs he felt really bad and had been taking care of you ever since then.
If any of us have food you come-a-runnin’ and one of your favorite things to do is sit on daddy’s lap and help him eat his cereal. This is all fine and dandy until one day daddy was all dressed for work, ready to give a presentation, and running a bit behind, when you pulled the bowl of cereal down onto daddy’s lap and the floor, spilling all of the contents; he was NOT happy; but it’s kind-of funny now . . . it was kind of funny then.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the cutest grand kids!! Love the pics and the stories! Thanks for sharing. Love all you guys. .... Love, Grandpa Jones.