Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Winter quarters/Omaha Zoo


Cory had Monday off so we decided to go to Omaha Sunday afternoon and go see some nearby landmarks. We sets our sights high that if we left after lunch the boys would most-definately sleep . . . that was so far from what happened. After 3 1/2 hours, several Jesus movies, and some cranky boys we arrived at our hotel. We went swimming and Briggs loved to jump off the side of the pool to Cory. The next morning after breakfast we visited Winter Quarters; the temple was beautiful. A sister missionary tried to take our photo and you will see that Ethan is throwing a tantrum and Briggs refussed to look at the camera (typical of what we thought was to come for the day.) After that we took the boys to the Omaha Zoo. Our favorites were the Leid Jungle, the fishbowl aquarium, the underground swamp and the gorilla's. There was a gorilla there that was the runt of them all and he was over in the corner with his leg crossed and biting his nails. I loved it! Anyway, hope you enjoy the photos, we had a great time and always it is fun to go, but sometimes it is just more fun to come home!

7 comments:

Francis Family said...

Lisa-
Yeah- I found your blog! Your family is so cute! I loved the football stories about Brig! I hope Dylan will be the same way! I can't lie- I really do hope you move on out to Ohio- I would love another friend! Great to hear from you- keep in touch!

Shelly and Ken said...

I love the picture that the sister missionary tried to take. I have experienced that many times. Glad you had fun, even with tired boys.

S&J Jones Family said...

Wow, looks like you had fun. I want to go too, sometime. You should post some of your family pictures on here!

Anonymous said...

How are you? This ia Rachel Ellis. I stumbled across your blog thru someone, I can' even remember now...your boys are so cute and so big! Good for you for going! We are in Cleveland now and are settling into the med school lifestyle. Things are good and I'm always busy as I'm sure you can relate! Drop me a line sometime or check out our blog. Have a great day!!

Kara said...

Lisa- I couldn't figure out the best way to write you back, I guess this will do. How much longer do you have in Missouri, I know you'd mentioned a while back that you would may be leaving sometime. My email is karapothier@yahoo.com. I hope things are going well for you, can't wait to catch up. In the email, send me your phone number.

Jandre said...

Lisa! Oh my gosh. I don't know if you even remember me!!! This is Jandre Noack (Sherwood), I stumbled across your blog in Karen's! It's so good to see you! Let me know how you're doing. My blog is
homershippo.blogspot.com

ensadler said...

Lisa,
Hey you should have stopped and said hello! Although that would have been hard considering you probably had no idea I was here. We have a zoo pass and I could have got at least you and your kids in. We live about a mile away from the zoo. Anyway, good to know all is well and congrats on the recent baby news! That is so exciting! Hope everything goes well.
Erika