This past Christmas my in-laws bought the boys a few of these Standing Tall books/cd's that they wanted to add to over the years. They also got the boys a little CD player to play the cd's. Briggs has really gotten into them. They bought them because their kids had them when they grew up. I remember Judy (Cory's mom) asking me if they looked familiar to me and at first they didn't until the CD began to play, then suddenly I found myself singing along to the songs and the words without realizing it--I totally remembered them and it was amazing how I suddenly felt wisked back 25 years. Does this take anyone else back down memory lane? Well, it sure has for Cory and I and it has been really fun to have Briggs learning and using some of the same books that we grew up with. Hopefully Ethan will catch the spirit here in the ensuing years!




Briggs coloring along to the CD


He all of the sudden doesn't like me to take his picture. So I guess this is what I have to look forward to for a while. Silly Boy!!

Just a random picture. This is what Briggs made for me for mothers day in pre-school. He was so excited to give it to me and always wants to know when I am going to water the flower, where it is going to be planted etc.

This is the little fish cake that we made for his school carnival cake walk last month. It was super easy and fun to make. The boys had fun helping.
5 comments:
I still can sing that Gratitude attitude song! I LOVED that series...
humm... it might be something to ask for Christmas... ;)
Cute cake too :)
WOW I forgot about those! I just took my mom's Safety Kids tape and my kids look at me weird when I sing those songs!
Cute cake! What a good idea. Are you guys going to be able to make it back home for Ashley and McKay's wedding? It's crazy your cousin will be my sister-in-law!
that cake is so cute! you are so creative Lisa!
We totally had those cassette tapes- My mom just bought Hallie a CD/book from that series, love them!
Post a Comment