Saturday, June 20, 2009

All Boy!!!

So another week has come and gone and yet again I decided to take on another big project while Cory was out of town (I don't know why I do that....I think I do it to surprise him--and I rarely disappoint!!) Anyway, this week Briggs came up to me and asked if we could paint their room. I have been wanting to do it for a while now as it was quite an uninspiring place to be. So we sat down together and and got out my paint chips and after Briggs rattled off 5 or 6 colors that he wanted his room to be we settled on...BLUE!!  We went to Home Depot and began the project (this past Wednesday). We painted and did a lot of work while Ethan took his naps.

Here Briggs is helping me do the prep work.  He took all the outlet covers off and did a great job moving things out of the room.

Pretty Blahhh...They do have a closet door but if you remember a while back when I had to break down the door from the basement to the kitchen because I was locked downstairs--Anyway, now that Brooklyn is mobile we needed a door down there so this one fit.  Until we get the door fixed in the kitchen, the boys closet door will have to suffice.

Pre-paint


I also decided that I was tired of being so unorganized.  I scoured Craigs list and found this toy bin for $20 (verses $60 in the store) and I also found a great rubbermaid bookcase on craigs list for $25.  I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to have all the cars, airplanes, animals, swords, etc in one location!!  I love it!!  The boys also enjoyed sorting all their toys.  

Here is the blue color and the bookcase.  A place for the puzzles, games, helmets, train bin and much more!!

Briggs decided that he wanted some more colors so we decided to do a big green square above each of their beds.  Here he is helping me.

Then we taped off and added a red frame.  (that was a pain) but it turned out really cute.

I asked the boys what they wanted on their walls.  Briggs hands-down wanted sports.  Ethan on the other hand wanted race cars (that boy and his cars).  I didn't have any race cars but I did have some cast iron cars and old pictures and we made an automobile wall for him.  He also wanted the tennis racket up like Briggs so I relented and he was so happy!

Silly boys...

Ethan trying to give her kisses and she wants nothing to do with him.  (as usual when he tries to show her affection.  The girl knows what she wants!!)

Ethan boy...

Big Helper Briggs

It is now Saturday and here is the finished product.

Quite pleased!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh super cute! I love frames above there beds so fun. I just switched my girls rooms around so they share and reorganized all the toys it's such a great feeling. I think you have to give yourself project when the hubby's out of town it helps everyone stay busy.

The Critchlow Family said...

LOVE their room! Way too cute! I love the idea of painting the squares above their beds and the red border is super cute. I love all the fun things you hung up too! I guess all in all I just think it turned out real cute! GOOD JOB! You can come do Josh's room next :)

Katie said...

love, LOVE it! You are too dang creative for me! Seriously..you do a great job!

Sadie said...

Love it! The wall squares turned out fabulous. I may have to steal that idea. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

this is so cute! i cannot believe how creative you are. nice job!

Jami said...

Lisa that is so cute. We miss you guys.

Stephani said...

That is absolutely AWESOME! I love how it turned out, you definitely do not disappoint. I love the colors, design, and the finished feeling of everything having a place.
Makes me wish I could paint my kids' rooms, but alas, one of the lackings of renting. Someday...

Laighton and Katie said...

Lisa! The boys room is so cute!! I will deffinately be calling you when we find a home :)

ensadler said...

Man you sure do know how to transform a room! I love to see all of your projects!! Too bad I could never be that creative. Super job! That is awesome!

Brittney Fullmer said...

what a fun idea for the boys rooms..you are amazing when it comes to decorating!!! Your trip looked like a ton of fun! We want to make that trip in the fall. Hope your summer is going good.