Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day


First of all I want to say Happy Mothers day to my own mom! Thank-you for everything you have done for us and for always being such a good example of love and service in my life. You are wonderful and I am so proud to be your daughter!


I also want to say Happy Mothers day to Judy. I feel so blessed to have you for a Mother-in-law. You are so wonderful and I thank you for raising such a wonderful son and for the great mother that you have been and are to him. We love you both and can't wait to see you soon!

Well, today has been a wonderful Mothers day for me. This morning Cory woke up early to make me a special pancake and bacon breakfast; my favorite! While I got ready for church I heard him downstairs talking to the boys about “mommy,” I patiently waited for the call that breakfast was ready. When I came downstairs I was presented with “Ethan’s top 10 reasons why he loves mommy” and “Briggs top 10 reasons” and his “top 10 reasons continued” list. This is what the writing on the sheet says:


Cory to Ethan: “Ethan, why do you love mommy?” (His responses are in quotes)

“Ethan wants to color and paint and toast.” (Briggs speaking for Ethan)
Help me get dressed
She reads to me
Gives me big hugs and kisses
“Lello” (yellow)
“Ethan smells flowers and finds snakes and squirrels” (Briggs speaking for Ethan)
“Mayee” (Mater)
“She’s a great example” (Briggs speaking for Ethan)
“Mayee”
“Wray . . . hop hop.”

Cory to Briggs: “Briggs, why do you love mommy?” (His actual responses are in quotes)

Nice
Lets me take a nap
Teaches Articles of Faith
Makes dinner
“Cleaning [up] toys”
“Going to store”
“Eat toast and cereal”
“Do chores and get a car”
Sweet
“Pay $100 for soccer”
“Find snake and squirrels”
“We gonna color and waffles and pancakes”
“Fun at friends”
“Play basketball outside”
“She wants to be a good example”
“Eat lunch, put underwear in laundry”
“I’m gonna go poop and pee”
“Preschool in fall”
“Going outside and get the mailbox”
“She wants to make dinner today and pancakes today”


I hope you enjoyed these as much as me; they were too cute not to share! I love being a mom and I love my boys so much! I am also so grateful for my wonderful husband. Life is truly a wonderful journey and there is no one I would rather go through it with than him! I love you! Happy Mothers Day to all our loved ones and friends; both mothers now, and mothers in the future!

4 comments:

Diane said...

I am grateful to be your mother. I feel the moments in my heart of days gone by and appreciate all that you taught me Lisa. Each of my children are so dear to my heart and each of my grandchildren are precious. I think of you all of the time as I get to see your pictures whether I am up or downstairs. They are my favorite pictures. However, you need a better picture of me....their has got to be a better one out there somewhere. Love Mom

Tora Family said...

That was very sweet. Those comments from the boys were great...classic! I especially love how Briggs loves you for "underwear in laundy" and "gonna go poop and pee." :) I laughed out loud.

S&J Jones Family said...

That's cute. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

what a cute little family you have.