Thursday, January 24, 2008

Potty Training

So I started potty training Briggs last Monday! So far is is going pretty good. He goes pee really good but still likes to hide when it's time to go out the other end; and kicks and screams as we go to the bathroom. Once there he usually does good; I guess it is all about changing up the incentive :). It has definitely, at times, been very frustrating for me, but on the flip side, it has been FAR better than having to change his little 3-year old bum bum!! So we will keep trudging along. He is a good boy and he really is doing a good job and usually stays dry all day long!

2 comments:

Amy said...

With Haylee I went to the dollar store and bought lots of little presents that she picked out and layed them by the potty and everytime she went potty she would get to pick one. That's what finally did it for her. You could try that but every child is different. GOOD LUCK!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

You will have to let me know how to potty train a boy. We have the girls down, but I am a little worried about a boy. I am with Amy sometimes it is all about the bribery. I would let the girls pick out 3 different kinds of candy they liked and then I would hang them up in a baggie in the bathroom just out of reach and they got to pick one everytime they went. Have fun!!